Monday, August 13, 2012

Brody's 1st Day of School

My Brody started kindergarten today.  As a mother of 4 little ones and Brody being the oldest (6 next week) i have been looking forward to this day all year long.  Last year at this time i couldn't bring myself to enroll Brody in Kindergarten , i just didn't want him to be the youngest in his class.   It wasn't till last January that i started regretting that decision.  I knew it was the right decision but it was going to be a hard 6 months, and it was!!  He was bored and it showed in his actions, and unfortunately this was an extremely crazy time in our lives.  Not only did i have 3 other little ones that i had to give my time to, we had made the decision to work really hard at finishing all the projects on our house so we could find renters when needed (this took up a lot of my time).  But we did our best and survived to, today.  I  didn't think the thought of Brody going to school would slow me down one bit, but all of last week i have had a little ache in my heart at the thought that Brody would be gone during the days.  I reflected a lot last week, hoping i taught him enough to succeed in school, to choose the right, to make friends....the list goes on.  I look at this cute little face and know that i am not a perfect mother, but that this little boy is awesome and he is going to go above and beyond my expectations!!  I love him so much, and am excited for him to take the next step in life.  He was so excited yesterday for today.  We layed out his new clothes, talked about what we were going to pack in his lunch, and then we put him to  bed and he said his prayers and it was so sweet.  He prayed that he wouldn't be shy and that the older kids wouldn't pick on him.  Needless to say we were ready for school a half hour before we had to leave this morning:)  We drove to school, showed him again where his classroom was, signed him in and then he said with a big smile on his face "Bye mom" and then ran down to play on the playground.  I didn't shed tears, but smiled and waved and thought he is ready for this and we are going to have a fun school year!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment